We offer an unrivalled medical records collation service for firms that do not have a nurse working in-house, or for those firms that simply do not have the capacity to deal with their current workload.
Reviewing medical records is time consuming and can take up hours of your valuable time, yet this is a vital stage in any clinical negligence claim. You can instruct Collaboras with confidence knowing that your clients’ medical records will be in the hands of specialists. In the meantime, you can work on other chargeable cases.
Our team of Medico-Legal Consultants are experienced in collating medical records in personal injury and clinical negligence claims for both Claimant and Defendant firms.
Our collation service includes:
- Sorting, paginating and indexing records, and identifying any missing records. We can be as detailed as required on the indexing, and can follow your own in-house precedent if preferred.
- Detailed consideration of the records and preparation of a Chronology of the salient facts, including any related pre-existing conditions, and any other important issues relevant to breach, causation, condition and prognosis.
- Preparation of a detailed Analysis, with consideration given to both the medical and legal issues, and liability assessment.
Consideration is also given to any relevant guidelines and any disputes of fact between the medical records and the client’s statement. Identification of the correct discipline of expert to be instructed together with pertinent questions to ask.
- Preparation of a Schedule of Radiology.
- Preparation of a detailed file note to ensure maximum recoverability for the time spent.
- 14 – 21 day turnaround, and urgent work returned within 7 days.
- Tracked DX, Recorded Delivery and Courier services available.
- Medical Records can be scanned and provided on an encrypted USB drive or CD Rom. We can create an indexed and searchable PDF document.
- Copy sets of the medical records can be provided.
- Quotes can be provided, and fixed fees where requested.
Our Chronologies are thorough and set out in an easy to use format. They will be provided to you electronically so that they can be adapted as required.
We are well aware that each case is different, and on some cases you may not want a detailed chronology, but more of an overview of the index event. We understand that there is a difficult balance of being thorough at the outset, yet cost-effective. A good chronology is essential for progressing your client’s case in the right direction from the start in order to achieve the best outcome. Therefore we can easily tailor our service, and level of detail, to suit your requirements.
Our fees can be recovered as a disbursement or as profit costs at your hourly rate at the end of a successful case, thus equating to a zero cost service.
Our fees for this service are £55.00 per hour + VAT
To discuss how Collaboras can assist you, please contact Jan on 01625 838845
Download Instruction Form